iDefy


In retrospect, I'd say we do a lot of the things we didn't 'plan' on doing. For better or worse, they're things we vehemently swore we'd never do.
I've heard people talk about how they didn't think their current job profile was one they'd imagine doing, or live in a city they currently are in, or marry the person they eventually did.

Me? Similar thoughts.
Coming from the one of the suburbs here in Mumbai that sends eyebrows shooting into people's hairline, I didn't think I'd ever get into a SoBo college. 
Wrong. 
I went on to graduate from Xavier's.

Then I was trying to convince myself that being a graduate was enough. Enough of being a slave to education system. 
Wrong. 
Before I knew it I was taking entrance exams.

Blame it on the influence of growing up with brothers including cousins or the co-ed background, I never thought I'd take a course let alone a degree from an all girls/women' institution.
Wrong. 
Yeah. Spent two years in what seemed alien territory. Met some of my bestest friends. The universe compensates.

And I thought I was done proving myself wrong. Done. I was done defying myself. 
Wrong. 
Yet again. Before I realized it I was enrolling myself for a second Master's program. At MBA at it - one that spanned the a duration of another three years. No more hairline left for those eyebrows to disappear in.

10 years ago i didn't think I'd ever figure out what i'd do to earn a living. 
Fortunately wrong in this particular instance. 
But, did I think I'd work full time and study part time?
HECK NO!

Well, I've spent the past three years completing my program within its stipulated duration while transitioning within job roles and then between jobs.
It's been a month since my last exam, submission and presentation.
It's been a week since my results were declared. The grade sheet was the external validation required to bring a closure to the events. Yeah I made it through.
Me and 10 other brave-hearts  
We made it through. 
Sanity in tact (for most part of it - juggling L.I.F.E. as it was and the never ending demands of the program).
We explored our limits: mental, physical. Perhaps, intellectual as well.  
We learnt how much we could spread ourselves out thin.
We had the opportunity to find and make friends all over again (90 weekends spent together).
We've made sacrifices. Weekends and 'me-time', to say the least. 
And we survived.

From what I know, a month on we've plunged into doing things we once used to procrastinate over -- spend more time with the ones who really matter in our lives, travel, read, write, indulge in guiltless pleasure trips, do things we were compelled to withhold from ourselves - SLEEP.

On a personal note, I've learnt to make the most of the 24 hours -- that explains drafting this blog-post at 7 AM on my commute to work! And as cliched as it is - never say never...it's coming from someone who never dreamt of traveling solo but did and wrote a post about it!

I currently don't think I'm ever going to be fat, but more on that here. :P